Nonprofit Organization GREAT SOCIETY INC.
A complex development ability that appears during children’s early years is known as Autism Spectrum Disorder (abbreviated as ASD). The developmental disorder causes significant damage to the ability to interact and communicate with others. It involves a various range of symptoms and signs. Autism can occur both as a minor or significant disability that would involve full-time care or treatment in a special facility.
Patients who have Autism have Difficulty with communication. They find it hard to understand what other people feel and think. Moreover, they do not know how to express themselves through questions, words, touch, facial expressions, gestures, and other ways.
They have learning problems, and their skills grow unevenly. For example, people with Autism have communication problems, but they are good at memory, math, music, and art. Therefore, they are good at problem solving and tests of analysis.
Are there any specific differences in symptoms among types of Autism?
Yes, there are almost five different types of this disorder, and each type has dissimilar symptoms.
1. Asperger’s Syndrome
· Difficulty interacting with people at home, schools, and other areas
· Flat monotone speech
· Executive functioning problems
· Difficulty in switching between activities
· Inflexibility in behavior and though
2. Rett Syndrome
· Breathing difficulties in some cases
· Challenges in speech and communication
· Loss of standard coordination and movement
3. Childhood Disintegrative Disorder (CDD)
· They cannot use their motor skills
· Difficulty with adaptive behavior and social skills
· Difficulty in vocabulary and acquired language
· Toileting skills
4. Kanner’s Syndrome
· Lack of emotional attachment with others
· Interaction and communication challenges
· Uncontrolled speech
· Obsession with handling objects
5. Pervasive Developmental Disorder
· Difficulty understanding vocabulary.
· Unwanted playing with toys.
· A problem when adjusting to different surroundings.